Director of Athletics:
Mr. Derek England – (201) 356-3725 email@example.com
Mr. Gerard Friedman – (201) 356-3638 firstname.lastname@example.org
Hoboken High School has one of the most successful interscholastic athletic programs in the State of New Jersey. The Redwings have won a multitude of league, county, and state championships – including the 2012, 2013, and 2015 NJSIAA North 2, Group 1, State Football Championships, as well as the 2014 NJSIAA North 2, Group 1, State Softball Championship.
We currently offer 19 different programs, including 32 levels of competition and are members of the HCIAL and NJSIAA. Over 50% of our students participate in athletics and our athletes have earned over $1 million in scholarship money in the last decade alone.
Our athletic programs meet the basic needs of our students and offer invaluable life-lessons. Our coaches encourage good sportsmanship and absolute fairness under all conditions.
- Strive for excellence in the classroom, on the field of play, and in the community – we expect nothing less from Redwings!
- Attend daily study hall and are closely monitored in the classroom and are encouraged to achieve their academic potential.
- Are strengthened in the virtues of good sportsmanship, self-discipline, self-sacrifice, and teamwork that are essential components of success in our society.
- Learn to abide by the rules and by the decisions of those who enforce them.
- Are encouraged to develop a stronger, healthier body, a sounder mind, and self-control.
- Are humble in victory and gracious in defeat.
- Develop a respect for all who compete regardless of their ability.
- Understand and have a great sense of leadership, commitment, accountability, and pride.
- Learn the principle that participation is its own reward.